Numerous conditions require a medical bracelet. If you’re wondering whether a medical alert bracelet would be the right call for you, know that BRECK iD offers affordable medical ID bracelets in case of a medical emergency.
We understand that people who train or travel with minimal gear don't want to be bogged down with another piece of equipment, no matter how important. Not to worry. We have designed our IDs so that you can wear one on your wrist or around your neck, or attach one to a shoe. Nobody needs to think about carrying a wallet or purse to hold one of our IDs. We’ve designed them with athletes and sports lovers in mind.
An Emergency ID Can Save Your Life
You may not think that an emergency ID is relevant to you, but most people don’t until they’ve been through a medical emergency. If you have a chronic condition, please think about these three benefits of wearing a medical alert bracelet:
- Quick Identification for First Responders.If you are ever involved in an accident, first responders will want to know your critical medical information asap. You may not be able to supply that information, but your medical alert ID will. It's designed to be readily available and seen immediately.
- Communicate Your Identity to Medical Staff.Wearing a medical alert bracelet or device will provide critical information to medical personnel hours before it would be possible without such information. With a medical alert bracelet, you can rest assured that medical staff will know who you are and your special considerations and needs.
- Family Contact Information is Front and Center. If you are in trouble following an auto accident or medical emergency, your family should know immediately. You can make relevant contact information available on your medical alert bracelet.
Medical conditions come in all shapes and sizes. Some are more critical than others, but all of them need to be recognized for medical professionals to provide safe treatment. If you've been diagnosed with a chronic condition, have food or drug allergies, or take daily medications, emergency personnel will need to know so that they can make informed decisions about your care.
Who Should Wear a Medical ID?
Once you are identified, treatment will differ for each medical condition. This is why it is so important to wear a medical alert bracelet. When you can't speak, your medical alert bracelet will do the talking for you.
At BRECK iD, we make emergency identification for athletes and outdoor enthusiasts to help keep them safe while training or out and about in the great outdoors. When training, extra equipment means extra weight. We’ve designed our medical IDs to be lightweight and unobtrusive. First responders know where to look for them, but they are so convenient that you can forget that you’re wearing them.
Here is a short list of those who could benefit most from a medical alert bracelet:
- People with Alzheimer's, dementia, autism, impaired memory, or special needs.
- Anyone with allergies, including allergies to antibiotics, morphine, insect stings, medications, latex, peanuts, and shellfish.
- Those with autoimmune diseases, such as Addison's, Celiac, Crohn's, Lupus, multiple sclerosis, and myasthenia gravis.
- People who have breathing disorders, including asthma, COPD, and Emphysema.
- Clinical trial participants.
- Anyone with diabetes type 1 or 2.
- Those with heart problems (consider a pacemaker, a stent, AFIB, angina, arrhythmia, stroke risk, artificial valves, HBP, hypertension, ventricular tachycardia).
- Anyone hearing- or sight-impaired.
- Those with mental disabilities, including aphasia, Downs' Syndrome, and schizophrenia
- Organ donors.
- Anyone currently taking prescription medicines and/or multiple medicines, such as chemotherapy and anti-rejection.
- People with seizure disorders.
- Those with special needs.
Because a medical alert bracelet can save your life, you should seriously consider wearing one. At BRECK iD, we make our bracelets for athletes and outdoor enthusiasts who love nature and would like more peace of mind while training and enjoying life.
Our medical ID's are high quality and we offer excellent customer service. Best of all, we do so afford ably. That's how we started and that's how we plan to remain. Our products incorporate top-quality materials and we top it off with a great guarantee. Our emergency ID's are affordable and you can easily take them anywhere.
Don't trust that you will never need a medical alert bracelet. Emergencies and accidents happen when you least expect the,. With a medical ID bracelet, you take the guess work out of the equation. Let those who come to help you know who you are and what they need to know. It's just might save your life.